Let your Iowa outdoor adventure begin at Horn’s Ferry Hideaway!
Lake Red Rock is the perfect vacation destination in the Midwest. There are so many opportunities within minutes of our cabins. Take a few steps to the river bank and drop a fishing line in the water for some of the best fishing Red Rock has to offer. Beautiful nature trails and biking paths line the entire lake for great exercise and exploration opportunities.
Less than 3 minutes from the cabin and you can launch your boat into Iowa’s largest lake. 5 minutes and you are taking a dip in the cool waters at Iowa’s largest beach.
Explore beautiful Lake Red Rock with a peaceful and unique paddle board experience. We have partnered with SUP Red Rock to offer guests of Horn’s Ferry Hideaway a 10% discount on paddle board rentals (link below).
The Lake Red Rock Marina is a short distance and offers pontoon rentals!
The Lake Red Rock Visitor Center is just up the hill from the cabins and offers many different interpretive displays, live wildlife, theater, and a small book and clothing store. While you’re there, take advantage of the FREE OUTDOOR CHECKOUT program. The offerings include Geo-caching, Birding, Disk Golf, Pond Exploration, Animal Tracks, and Snow Shoes. The Park Rangers at Lake Red Rock also offer a full schedule of free activities for the public throughout the year.
Select any of the links below for detailed information on Outdoor Activities:
- Hiking/Biking/Water Trails – Trail Maps
- Swimming – Lake Area Beaches
- Paddle Board Rentals (10% discount for guests) – SUP Red Rock
- Boating Information – Boat Ramp Information; Boat Rentals
- Fishing – Fishing Structure Map
- Geo-caching – Free GPS checkout
- Birding – Gladys Black Eagle Refuge; The Makoke Trail
- Disc Golf – Roberts Creek Disc Golf
- FREE Outdoor Gear Checkout – Red Rock Visitor Center