Let your Iowa outdoor adventure begin at Horn’s Ferry Hideaway!
Lake Red Rock is the perfect vacation destination in the Midwest. There are so many opportunities within minutes of our cabins. Take a few steps to the river bank and drop a fishing line in the water for some of the best fishing Red Rock has to offer. Beautiful nature trails and biking paths line the entire lake for great exercise and exploration opportunities.
Less than 3 minutes from the cabin and you can launch your boat into Iowa’s largest lake. 5 minutes and you are taking a dip in the cool waters at Iowa’s largest beach. The marina is a short distance and offers pontoon rentals! Another local business, SUP Red Rock, offers paddle board experiences.
The Lake Red Rock Visitor Center is just up the hill from the cabins and offers many different interpretive displays, live wildlife, theater, and a small book and clothing store. While you’re there, take advantage of the FREE OUTDOOR CHECKOUT program. The offerings include Geo-caching, Birding, Disk Golf, Pond Exploration, Animal Tracks, and Snow Shoes. The Park Rangers at Lake Red Rock also offer a full schedule of free activities for the public throughout the year.
Select any of the links below for detailed information on Outdoor Activities:
- Hiking/Biking/Water Trails – Trail Maps
- Swimming – Lake Area Beaches
- Boating Information – Boat Ramp Information; Boat Rentals
- Paddle Board Rentals – SUP Red Rock
- Fishing – Fishing Structure Map
- Geo-caching – Free GPS checkout
- Birding – Gladys Black Eagle Refuge; The Makoke Trail
- Disc Golf – Roberts Creek Disc Golf
- FREE Outdoor Gear Checkout – Red Rock Visitor Center